Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Wonder

This week I read Wonder and it was a really good book. It was a really quick read at around 300 pages, and I loved the way it was written. There were two parts of the book and it started out being narrated by Auggie and then it switched to his sister Via. Auggie is starting fifth grade, and he just wants to be a normal kid. He has been home schooled for a while, and though he tries to be a normal kid he may have some trouble. He has a face deformity, but on the inside he is just like everyone else. He is funny, sensitive, smart, but thats not the problem. The problem is to get everyone to accept him and treat him normally. It made a great point of stating "don't judge a book by it's cover" and it got into some bullying and friendships. I really liked this book and I would highly recommend this book to everyone in AS and everyone in our class.

1 comment:

  1. Very good review Briahn. I've been reading to read this book for a couple of years and you have re-reminded me to pick it up and read it.

    ReplyDelete