Wednesday, March 19, 2014

19/31

I look outside of my window and see the tall Evergreens scrape the sky swaying ever so gently back and forth. I remember the time I went tree climbing with Julia. We both live by Cranmer park, and there are lots of trees there and most of them are good to climb. It used to be my favorite activity, and then I got older so the trees got smaller. In Florida when I was younger we would always go to a park with bannyon trees that were great for climbing. They were huge, and easy to climb. Out side of Julia's house are three trees to climb and my favorite is the second, which is the hardest. I grab the first branch or more step on it because it is about twenty-four inches in diameter. Thick sap pools right where my hand is and my hand is uncomfortably sticky. Though it is annoying, I push on and keep going up. "Julia, why are you so slow?" "This is hard ok?" She is a little frustrated, but she still climbs. She just starts climbing up the tree, and I am almost at the top. The houses get smaller and smaller, and the branches get thinner and thinner. I finally get to the top, and just sit back to look at the view, while I wait for her.

2 comments:

  1. The only time I ever climbed a tree I got stuck in it and had to wait until someone found me. Sad. But, your slice was quite well done. I love the image of you two climbing up and up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so making you climb a tree sometime, Kam. Seriously. it's awesome, when you don't get stuck. And I bet you were like 5 or something when that happened. you have not lived until you have climbed a tree. And not gotten stuck. Whatever.

      Delete