Monday, March 3, 2014

3/31 SOL

Normally my dreams are very creepy and vivid, so I decided to share one of them. It started out in a carnival/amusement park area, except a lot of people lived in small houses down the street.  My house was in the middle of block, and was very poorly built. The inside looked somewhat like my actual house, but instead of a kitchen it was a metal working area with a refrigerator where it is supposed to be. I'm going about my day at the amusement park with my friends in my dream. (I don't actually know them but my dream told me that they were my friends.) We decided to go in the haunted house. We thought it was going to be lame and childish like it normally is, but as we kept walking strange things happened. I've been in there many times before and I know exactly what is going to happen when but it didn't this time because the ride kept malfunctioning, like the swords would actually drop and hit us. Luckily we got out of the way just in time. This happened a lot with a bunch of different pieces of the ride, but we just assumed the ride was getting old and broken. We kept walking and as we were about to exit, this large horror clown about ten feet tall came up and just stared at us and we stared back. It wasn't startling, but it wasn't pleasant either especially because it seemed very real instead of a pop up dummy. The next thing I know we are outside of the ride but we didn't remember leaving, just staring at the clown. We didn't pay any mind to it so we kept walking over to go take a picture with the mermaids. It was obviously people dressed up and paid to pose and take pictures, but we still wanted the picture. I hand my phone to the man who takes the camera and I ask him if he can take a picture. He took my phone and his eyes bulged at the sight of my phone and I still don't have a clue why. In a thick accent of some kind he said "No phones like this allowed" and he threw it behind him. When I picked it up, the bottom was cracked. Did he want to break it? Why? Strange things have been going on all day. My friends and I want to go on one last ride before heading home, so we decide to go on the zip-line. Thirty minutes went by, and then our group somehow got moved to the group zip-line which was like a char lift. Three at a time go, and I sat between two of my friends. As we were going over the canyon following the sharp cuts of the orange rock, we suddenly stop on the edge of a cliff that had one small tree threatening to fall. As I look behind me, I see an emerald green plane with a banner that had an advertisement. The letters were small, but I could make out three sentences each one starting with the word Ladson in green print. I knew that name from somewhere, but I don't remember what it means. I look back to the amusement park and I see most of it engulfed in flames burning and I could hear faint screams. Driving away was an emerald green car from some time around the sixties. I hear the crackling of fire at a near factory and see a similar emerald green car. My friends continue the ride but I race home to check on my dad. The last time I saw my sister, she went with her friends so I assumed she was safe. I come home to our small house just one hundred feet from the amusement park, and find my dad reading a book at the dining table. I let out an exhale of relief just before I hear the window smashing. I was panicking someone was going to rob or murder us, but it was just my sister. "Hannah, what are you doing?" I yelled at her. "They attacked and I had to join their side. I had to." I was about to ask her who and why, but she interrupted and said we needed to hide dad quick because others would come looking. They weren't interested in me, but something with my dad that they would be willing to kill for. "Dad, you need to hide now. Go in the basement, and maybe they will go away." I was panicking now, because they were going to be here any second. "But what about food?" said my dad. "Here, have this." I opened the top drawer of the freezer and pulled out seven individual pints of chocolate or phish food ice cream.   I threw them down the stairwell and told him to go down and hide, and hide the ice-cream too. As soon as I closed the door to the basement, four people wearing black sweatshirts and sweatpants with colored gas masks broke down our fence and were quickly advancing to my house. And then I woke up. Most of my dreams that I remember are this vivid and are not normally happy ones, but they make great stories!

3 comments:

  1. oops, I forgot to put the SOL picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so creepy and strange! Wow! I love the detail that you wrote this in. Especially when you decide to save the ice cream at the end and the detail of the emerald green car. You have odd dreams, Briahn :)

    ReplyDelete