Saturday, March 29, 2014

29/31

I say goodbye to my dad, and grab the suitcase. My mom, my sister, and I walked into the airport to fly to Florida for our short week of spring break. Today happened to be my little cousin's second birthday and we would go visit them later, but for now I needed to get through the day. We get through security, and jump on the train to get to gate C49. Once we are there we leave my eight-year old sister with the luggage while my mom and I get food for the plane ride. I take a twenty from her and head over to La Casita for tacos, and she heads over to some healthy place. We meet up at McDonald's and grab Hannah's lunch then head back to the gate.

As we approach people are lined up at the posts, and we panic. "Mom, they are boarding." Both of our faces turn pale as we race to make the plane and grab Hannah. She isn't at the place where we left her, and we look up at the sign. It says Washington and we relax because it isn't our flight. "Wait, if it isn't our flight, we went to the wrong end!" Mom yelled. She checks her watch and we only have five minutes. We race across the airport with tacos, salad, and McDonald's in our hand trying to make out flight. Gate C49 hangs above our head as we speed walk over to the back. Hannah is still there with her headphones on playing on her I-Touch, completely un-aware of what was happening. I practically pick her up and grab my suitcase as they were boarding A. "Mom, what number are we?" I ask worrying a little. "A49, so we have a little time." I can breath now but nothing has ended. Finally, we sit down in our seats and I pick up SkyMall. My heart is still racing, but I try to relax and look at the strange pictures of inventions that SkyMall has to offer. The plane starts to pick up speed and we take off. I can relax for a couple of hours but then I have to help my mom get across Florida.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun.

    I like the way you said "practically pick her up " I can imagine that

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's always a bit of stress when you're trying to get to the airport and get on your flight in time. For me this is a very relatable slice. I once almost missed a flight because of the line to check bags onto the plain :P Nice work.

    ReplyDelete