Tuesday, March 25, 2014

25/31-Book blog

This week I read Lunch Box Dream by Tony Abbott. It was a quick with around 200 pages, but really well written read and I am glad I read it. Some people say that the story didn't pull together, but I liked it. The main character is named Bobby, and he has an older brother and a mother. They all go on a trip which starts as dropping their grandmother off in her car. The plan was to look at Civil War cites (which Bobby and his brother loved) and then fly back home on their first airplane ride. There are some plot twists that make them end their trip early, but it turned out alright in the end. This book also looks at racism and segregation, which was really neat and interesting coming from different perspectives. It is more or less a reality fiction book. It was based in the 20th century when segregation was happening, and it goes into a lot about that subject. I really liked this book while others may not, and I think anyone could read it in our class or in AS. I hope you take my suggestion and read it!

Photo credit: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhJQvINcwYobMgTN3OQzOPeY3Wcy0bO-xHS1ItDDmPerMaXJN4c89Y1KXWPh9SgoUG1g_MvehKyR4Hy9O_kB92fQ6QgnU7U5n95oKkJIlkLsdkBER_GzP8xDZ2bUcPob7F9kh0oVgEy9CM/s1600/abbott%20lunch.jpg

1 comment: