Friday, March 7, 2014

7/31 SOL

I woke up to the feeling of my feet. My friend and I didn't go to sleep for a while, but I just wanted a few more minutes yet something was with my feet. I groaned and turned over. It stopped for a second, and there it was again. I couldn't stand it and there was no way I was falling back asleep with my feet keeping me awake. I opened my eyes, and go straight for my feet; Sarah. "Sarah, why are you pinching my feet?" she just smiled. "Good morning!" she exclaimed fully awake as I turned on my phone. "Sarah, it is seven in the morning on a weekend! I'll see you in an hour and a half." I flopped back onto my pillow. Again, she started to pinch my feet. It was really irritating, so I got up to make breakfast.

Later when it was late morning and we were ready to face the day as they say, we pulled out the tie-dye and grabbed some white shirts. "Come on Sarah, we have to finish before my dad comes home." The original plan was to tie-dye outside but it was raining so we decided to do it in the garage. "So we have gloves, shirts, dye, oh we forgot rubber bands." We were out of hair ties, so we had to think of something. "Oh Hannah! Don't you have a million rainbow loom bracelets?" Yes, we did use rainbow loom bracelets, and it worked really well.

 My shirt was a collage of colors. A dash of red, some yellow, and a lot of blue. As I worked, I tried to keep a balance of dye and shirt. Soon, it was time to clean up and I had to practically guide my sister's hands so she could actually be productive. I turn away for just a second, "Hannah?! Don't put the dye in the trash! Were going to use it again!" I was pretty upset because I had to go through the trash just to get the dye out. I took the blue and squirted it all over her grey pajama shirt as she was screaming to the house in disbelief. "Hey, you can't do that! Now my shirt is ruined!" She was smiling but still shocked that I actually did it. "Maybe you will listen better next time. I'm sorry did that upset you? You seem a bit blue."

1 comment:

  1. I like how you captured a series of flashbacks from your day, instead of just retelling the whole day in a list. In case anybody was wondering, this is another Sarah, not me lol

    ReplyDelete