Monday, March 24, 2014

24/31

Leah is to the right
I am really excited about going to Maine, and it made me think about the time I went to Maine myself. I don't remember much because I was four, but my family visited my aunt, uncle, and cousins as well ads their friends. There, we met someone to ride a boat and I was really upset that I had to wear a life-vest. We went around islands, with the wake spraying in the opposite direction creating waves behind us. Back at the dock, my dad and my oldest cousin grabbed me by my life vest and dipped me in the water. I giggled with excitement as my ankles skimmed the water. They kept teasing me about how I was a chicken nugget, and they were dipping me in ketchup. This only made me laugh harder and I almost slipped out of my life vest. The dark clouds started to roll in, so it was time to go. We went to go eat dinner at a lobster restaurant, and it was weird for me. My dad ordered one and I tried little bits of it, but in the end I didn't want to eat so I just poked it with my fork. The main thing I remember form this trip was being dipped in the water, and wearing my favorite dress at the time. It was green with pink flamingos all over it, and it was kind of layered at the tips. I am really glad I have memories of Maine, because I can experience Maine again later in the year.

8 comments:

  1. that sounds pretty fun getting "dipped" in the water, I am really excited as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats Awesome! I have never been to Maine so I am excited. As is the rest of the class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very excited as well. That sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As in reading this I can see you being dipped in the water and poking the lobster. Aslo, I'm really excited to go to maine, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds really fun. I can't wait until our trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited as well, nice slice, I loved the part when they compared you to a chicken nugget being dipped in ketchup. Well, done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am excited for the parts of our trip that aren't cold and bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super adorable slice! I love the descriptions about you in the life vest and being dipped in the water and poking the food with your fork. So vivid and such a great memory.

    ReplyDelete