Friday, March 14, 2014

14/31

Wednesday over Winter Collective, my family and I visited Clearwater Beach in Florida with Julia. Behind me there were people and blue umbrellas as well as to my sides. My only escape was the clear ocean or as clear as it could be. The cold water tingled against my ankles while the rest of me was baking in the ninety degree heat. "Briahn!" my mom called. "You should really here what just happened! I just made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and while it was still in my hands a seagull came and ate it! Can you believe it?!" My mom was astonished and I was already swimming. The shells I found on average were about two inches wide and two inches tall which is really cool. I started a pile of clam like shells, broken sand dollars, and some spiral shells. My sister and Julia thought I was too crazy about shells, and suggested to have a sand sculpture contest. "The theme is fruit!" called my sister. "Briahn, what are you going to be sculpting?" "Fruit." I said sharply. Annoyed, she walked over to Julia and asked her the same thing. I started to sculpt my apple. It took a while, but I finally moved on to a banana. "Briahn, what are you sculpting right now?" Hannah asks expecting a sassy reply. "A banana." My sister was the judge so she though it was her job to pester us about fruit. Impatient, she came back 30 seconds later "Briahn, what are you sculpting now?" "Still a banana Hannah." Julia and I were sand sculpting for at least an hour and in the end I won, but we should have tied. As we were diving through the waves, I kept looking looking for shells. I found two small and round ones so I picked one up expecting it to be dead and found a hermit crab inside. I screamed and through it back in the water. I kept on swimming and collecting shells. The biggest shell I found was greenish black and was about nine inches long. I think it belonged to a horseshoe crab, but I'm not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment