Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Fault in Stars/SOL 4/31

This week I read The Fault in our Stars by John Green. It was really good, and I am glad I got to read it before the movie came out. I have to read the book before I see the movie or I wont even try after I see the movie, and I wouldn't want to miss a great story like this one. This was a pretty quick read, and it had around 310 pages. Hazel is sixteen years old and is diagnosed with a kind of lung cancer. A miracle medicine has kept her alive for a couple of years now, but its not a permanent solution. Her mom wants her to be a "normal teenager" so she sends her to a support group to make friends, and there she meets Augustus Waters and her whole life is getting turned around. This was a very sweet book, but it isn't a typical cancer book. Those are normally very factual, sad and only talk about death and being sick, but this had a great plot to it. I would highly recommend this book to anyone in AS who hasn't read it and anyone who likes sweet but kind of sad love stories.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I thought I read that before but I guess I didn't. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete