Wednesday, March 26, 2014

26/31

The last day of matrix was very satisfying to me. My first period class was Magic 2 and it was a performance oriented class. For those of you that don't know have really bad stage freight. Tuesday the 26th came too soon, and I was left un-prepared in front of forty people. The act was split into three parts because I did the act with Haley R. and Lydia Loof so I didn't have to do as much. It wasn't trying to get out of doing the work, it was more needing someone else there to help me with my stage freight. My first part was to mention the fact we only had one scarf, and invite Vaughn to come help us get a new one. My next part was to un-do the scarfs that were tied together, but somehow "magically" they were still tied just not to each other. Everyone's eyes were on me because this was the last part of the trick, and the hardest but easiest to mess up. I just looked at what I was doing instead of at the audience and the next thing I know there is applause and I am sitting back down. A heavy sigh escapes my mouth, and I realize I am only 1/3 of the way done with my matrixes for the day.

In the hall people kept telling me what a great job I did, so I said thanks and kept walking trying to forget about the performance. I put down my winter jacket in the art room, grab a smock, and sit down with my printing folder. Today is the last day, so we all have to exchange prints. I printed eleven copies of one of my prints and signed them to give out. It was kind of relaxing, because I had to stamp each one and the sequence was kind soothing actually. The black roller glided over my small stamp, which was pressed against the paper. Over and over again, I was sort of lost in process. By the end of class my hands are stained with ink from this print, and a few other ones. I'm glad the class is over, but at the same time I wish I had more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment