Monday, March 17, 2014

17/31

         Saint Patricks day, is normally a day to relax but still celebrate. It is not like the New Year where everyone does something, it is more of a laid back celebration. Last year and years before I would wear green and pinch people when they were not wearing green, but this year I could care less. I wake up to the sound of my alarm, and groan because I want to go back to sleep. I know I cant, so I throw off the covers and head to the kitchen for Eggo waffles. I have Eggo toaster waffles every morning, but they are so good and they never get old.
         Still asleep, I jump as the waffles pop out. They taste normal, sweet and fluffy maybe a little crispy. It feels like a normal morning as I get ready for the day doing whatever I do every other day. Should I wear green? Is it too childish? What am I saying, I love Saint Patricks day. It is never too childish. I ignore that thought and ignore the green. 7:55, where is my mom? This normal day is becoming as normal as  thought it was going to be. 8:00, she finally arrives. We pile into the car about to get Hailey for our carpool, but we turn around to get my sister's homework. Great, a "regular" day just turned into a late one. On a normal day we come to school at around 8:15, but since today isn't normal I arrive late. My off normal day at school starts as soon as I walk in the door at 8:30 and five people are there.

photo credit: http://solarfountainblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/clover.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I had a somewhat similar experience with my morning. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete