Sunday, March 29, 2015

SOL 29

First day of three days in Copper. It has been over two years since I slid on my white snowboard boots, and clipped into the pink bindings. The white mountain is covered in a mixture of powder, slush, and ice. I guess there is a one out of three chance that I will get good conditions to board in, and that is what I got. Most of the day I have to concentrate on not tripping on the loose pieces of ice, and avoid the dirt patches. My dad, sister and I make it about half way down the mountain before my dad starts to critique my sister's technique of skiing. "No, try skiing with your feet parallel to each other rather than going down the slope in pizza shape." For the last half of an hour we help her go down the turns as french fries instead of pizza.

1 comment:

  1. I don't ski or snowboard, so I can't say that I relate, though the whole experience sounds fun. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete