Sunday, March 22, 2015

SOL 22

"Ok we'll be back in a few hours, and please do stuff with her instead of watching the tv." My parents give me a yes-we-know-you-were-going-to-do-that look before they head out the backdoor. Babysitting my sister again, and I'm running out of ideas of what to do. Like I mentioned before, little things can trigger lost memories. Out of ideas- I am sitting at the table of my aunt and uncle's open kitchen, and I am bored. What is a ten year-old supposed to do for a whole week? I'm out of ideas of what to do. I pick up the 90's rubics cube with the peeling stickers, and fiddle with it a while. My patience is short, and I cant even solve one side. I set it down even more frustrated now then I was before. Suddenly my aunt comes in muttering something about making puppy chow, and this quickly caught my attention. Puppy chow? "Hey can I help?" I ask silently praying she says yes. I'm really bored. Of course she lets me help, so I wash my hands and eagerly join her by her side.
"BRIAHN!" My sister's voice snaps me back to reality. "I am bored, lets bake something." Last week we made brownies, and now all we have left are the gluten-free boxes. No thank you. A slow grin speeds across my face and I suggest we make puppy chow. We don't have chex cereal, so plain cherrios will have to do. We grab the ingredients and start to work. Once we have the chocolate and peanut butter blended together, we spoon them carefully into plastic bags with cherrios. Hannah didn't want to get her fingers sticky, so we set the bags in a cup before pouring. Now comes the best part, shake! After they are coated in the peanut butter chocolate mixture, we pour in the powdered sugar and shake some more. Hannah is shaking her bag of deliciousness a bit too violently, and the inevitable strikes. The bag slips out of her grip and crashes to the ground, sending puppy chow everywhere. Of course I tell Hannah to pick it up, but then I tell her to eat it. And of course she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment