Monday, March 2, 2015

SOL 2


Frustrated with my now finished homework, my mind starts to wander. I remember when Kidz Bop first came out and when disc six was a huge deal. Sitting in my car seat eagerly waiting for my happy meal from McDonald's, my eyes float over to the pick up window and I see a poster for Kidz Bop CDs and that they are the toys in the meal. At first I was a little confused and disappointed that it wasn't a little action figure, but my mom put in the 2006 CD and the car started making that soft noise that sounds like the disc is spinning a thousand miles an hour. The first song said something about an L on someones forehead, which turned out to be All-Star by Smash Mouth and pretty much the only song I would listen to for the next year. My 2006 fantasy ended abruptly when my phone fell off the couch, but I didn't want to let go of the memories. Humming the words I could remember of each song, I found the original bands of the songs that I loved when I was younger. Now every time I hear the melody, my mind gets tossed back to the little 5,6,7 year old in the car singing along and dancing on the way to school and back home.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with Jonah! Sounds like a great memory, Briahn.

    ReplyDelete