Monday, March 23, 2015

SOL 23

I know I mentioned I liked the basement bedroom before, but now it is just creepy. One tiny lamp sits in the corner of the dark room, producing barely enough light to work at. I have to rely mostly on the dim glow that comes from my computer to do my work. The sponge-textured creme ceiling is decorated with bare pipes painted creme color as well, as an attempt to camouflage them. It almost seems like some area typically used to store unwanted boxes, especially with the low ceilings. Most nights it takes about an hour and a half to fall asleep, so I stare at the bare ceiling of my room thinking about the weirdest things. Here in the basement, my mind wanders even more. If you jump off a bridge into water, the impact is like hitting concrete. What if I threw a water balloon off a skyscraper onto a person, would it feel like a rock? Stranger things have crossed my mind, but I am drawing a blank. Up in my room the night drags on and I sleep restlessly. Though it might take longer too fall asleep in the basement, I dream. In my room on the main floor I haven't had a dream I remember in about a month. I try looking around seeing if little things will trigger my memory, but the stories vanish each time. Now, I can piece together my parts of my dreams, which is more than I have had in a while. What is so special about a bleak confining basement bedroom? It is just a bedroom, right?

1 comment: