Thursday, March 19, 2015

SOL 19

The smell of rain still lingers in the air, and the clouds still lurk above. I grab my headphones so hopefully I will be able to quietly listen to music the whole time, but I know that isn't possible. Conferences; the day I spend in Extended Care, then talk about my feelings towards my work. I trudge through the damp grass with my now wet shoes towards the EC building, only to find that everyone was eating lunch in the cafeteria. My luck, I'm the only AS student there, so I sit with Sadie Bean who is in primary. Last time I hung out with her, she somehow managed to break my headphones so they electrocuted me, so I cant be blamed for being slightly nervous this time. She is really adorable and fun, but not very good with headphones. I was hoping to sit there and listen to 80's music the whole time, but she wanted to run around and play hide and go seek instead. In the end we met with a compromise. "Ok, how about we play hide the shoe!" It isn't as extravagant as hide and go seek nor how low key as I wanted it to be, but it will do. After the first round I quickly discovered I needed to clearly explain that she must cover her eyes and ears so not to cheat, and count to thirty with mississippis. I lost count of how many rounds we played and how many new rules we added, but I had fun. Her tiny blue and white shoe was hidden everywhere imaginable in the back area; behind the TV, around the book case, under the bean bags, in the couch, under the couch, behind the bins, even on her own foot as she hid with it.

1 comment:

  1. Fun stuff Briahn!!!!! So sorry you had to be in EC alone, I know how that feels. Great slice. :) ;)

    ReplyDelete