Friday, January 30, 2015

Sol

It's ten thirty Monday night. It has been dark for a few hours now, so probably time to go to sleep. Dragging my feet across the cold floor, I finally crawl into bed and close my eyes. What is wrong with this picture? I CAN'T FALL ASLEEP. After like half an hour of trying to fall asleep, I decide I may as well be productive, so I think of ideas for my title for expo. All I can think is the word sharpie before I decide I am bored with this train of thought, so I stare out the window. I don't expect to see anything, so I jump when I see a small object move barely to the right. Is that a garden gnome or something? But why would it be moving? More curious than scared a I look over the window sill to find that the object has moved to the right of my neighbor's flower pot where before it was on the left. Having nothing else to do as it is eleven at night, I stare at the small moving object. Finally it comes out of the shadows and on to our lawn and I realize it is.....A FREAKING BUNNY. Very disappointed, I watch the bunny anyway because I am bored and not tired. Sitting in front of my house it eats some grass, then moves a couple inches then just sits there. Briahn, go to sleep I keep trying to tell myself but I always reply with just a couple more minutes what if it does something cool so I wait a couple more minutes and go through the same question and answer. After another fifteen minutes of staring at the same bunny eat part of our property, it hops behind a tree hidden from my sight. Annoyed with the outcome, (the bunny didn't do anything exciting) I go to sleep.

4 comments:

  1. Haha! loved your train of thought... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right! I remember you telling me about that. Bunnies are actually quite entertaining. Fun SOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only do I love how adorable the topic of this Slice is, but I also love how well written it is. You have humor, description, suspense, and it all just really works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! That was funny. Were you tired in the morning? Because when I was on crutches, I lost a lot of energy and was so tired if I didn't get to bed by 8:00 PM. Oh yeah, why were you disappointed at the bunny? I never see bunnies, just raccoons eating our fish and my dogs fur.

    ReplyDelete