Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Raven Boys

This week I read The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater! I really liked this book, but some might say it was one of those cheesy teenage girl book. I thought the main character was a girl named Blue, but the point of view changes to other characters in different chapters. Blue Sargent is from a family of psychics, and every one of them has told her that she is going to kill her true love with a kiss. She lived in a town where it was easy to hate all boys, including Aglionby boys. (Raven Boys) They are the rich snobby kids according to her, so she never thought about talking to one, let alone kissing one. Blue herself doesn't have psychic abilities but miraculously she meets the ghost of her true love, and it kind of freaks her out. I really cant say more without spoiling, but this book is kind of an adventure book; there are legends about sleeping kings and magic roads, (if you have read it this book this sentence would sound cooler and make so much sense) as well as something close to a murder mystery. It is based in current time in the real world, with just a little weirdness. I know Sarah has read this book and she would probably agree with me when I say that you all should read it, so do! Oh yeah, favorite character. I think my favorite character would be Gansey. I just think he is funny, and he makes the book more interesting. Others might choose the tragic character, (cough cough certain people) but to me that is the only interesting thing about him. Tragic I know. Oh yes, I would like to mention that there are a lot of swear words in this book. Just in case any of you were looking for a nice sweet book that had no swear words, don't choose this one. Well I think that about sums it up, so enjoy!

TBR
I am number 4
Tigers Curse
If I stay

4 comments:

  1. I am definitely going to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesssss this is like my favorite book of all time! The characters are amazing and Briahn did an awesome job of describing it...also in my opinion it is totally not a normal teenage girl book. It's amazing and all of you girls or boys should read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Also there is NOTHING wrong with picking the tragic character! He has the most depth and is totally the most interesting character in my opinion. :)

      Delete