Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Love, Stargirl

This is the second book by Jerry Spinelli, and I think there are only two that have to do with Stargirl. There are no chapters in this book, but it is divided up into different days. This whole book is about Stargirl sending letters to Leo. (He was the main character in the previous book) She moves to Pennsylvania and becomes home schooled. She writes about her five year old best friend Dootsie, her agoraphobic neighbor they eat donuts with, and Alvina the eleven year old who hates all boys and is not afraid to beat one up. Even though the book is made up of a bunch of little stories, I found myself saying "Just one more section...oh that ended weirdly I guess I should read another. Or two."My favorite character was Dootsie; she has so much sass bundled up and she doesn't really know it. She is too young to know that she is sassy, she thinks she should always tell the truth, which of course comes out sassy. One of my favorite parts with her (not a spoiler) is on April Fools Day. As a "prank" she hands out candy, and whatever she can find in her pockets, and then Stargirl's pockets. If you have not read the first book, READ IT!!! Some books tend be written in a way girls or guys might like them better, but neither of these two are like that. They are really good books and everyone should read them! The coolest thing for me right now would be if at least one or two people read it the next week. They really are not too long, so read them!

TBR
If I Stay
Out of the Easy
The Secret Life of Bees

1 comment:

  1. That seems like a good book. First I'll need to read Stargirl, and then Love, Stargirl.

    ReplyDelete