Sunday, January 26, 2014

Skellig

The main character in Skellig is named Michael, and he is about to have a baby sister. When his family moves into the new house, Michael sees things and doesn't know if they are real, or part of his imagination. His life changes in many ways, and it isn't always a good thing. As he drifts away from school, he sees less of friends, and he hears strange rumors about angel wings. Strange things happen to Michael and his family, as well as his friends. This is as much as I can tell you, or I would give away the rest of the book. This was quick read at around 180 pages in my book. I wish I could go into detail about the book, but I would give away everything. So take my word for it, and read this book!! I really enjoyed this book for a ton of reasons. It had great characters, a twisting and really neat plot, and I loved the writing style. This book has a little adventure, but it also has love and miracles. I would recommend this book to anyone who is in AS, and who likes books about adventure and love/miracles.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds really good! Ironically, I am reading a book about miracles and I'm loving it (cue mc Donald's jingle).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title of Skellig sounds familiar to me, but I don't think anyone has ever explained the plot. It sounds like a good book, and I definitely have to add it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really didn't like this book. It was just way too weird for me, but I see how it appeals to other people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a really good book. the descriptions of this book that I have heard before did not appeal to me, but now I'll definitely look into it.

    ReplyDelete