Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Ender's Game

Over all, this was a great book.  This book was a quick read for me. It has 318 pages, and I read it in two days I think. I really like science fiction, and for me the plot but especially the characters tied the story together. Six year-old Andrew Wiggin (Ender) is chosen to train in Battle School to defend Earth from the buggers that are attacking. The Earth's survival is in the hands of these genius children and their capability of battle. Most of the time Ender trains with his team, but he also plays games that actually tie into the end of the book in a really neat way. Even though it was written sometime in the seventies, I think this book fits into the genre of books the 6-8 grader-society in 2013/2014 would like. The closest books I would compare it to would be Hunger Games, and Divergent. These books are written in the future and have something wrong with their society, and Ender's Game would also fit into this. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who likes science fiction, and anyone in AS.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this book too. I read it over last summer, and it enveloped most of my time for a couple days. It is really good

    ReplyDelete