Saturday, January 25, 2014

SOL- Climbing with Julia

"Come on! you can do it!" I could hear Julia screaming from below me on the rock wall. She was positive I could get up the wall, and I did, thanks to her encouragement. When I reached the top, I touched "the little silver thingie," and Julia and I both squealed in excitement. I held my breath and got ready for the auto-belay to catch me on my way down, but, it didn't. It made a whirring sound, and I flew down the rock wall, trying to bounce off, I ended up drifting to the side and flying through mid-air. It was a little scary, but I didn't mind because rock climbing is so fun.

When I arrived at the bottom, Julia asked me if I wanted to do the slack line. I said yes, and we went over. My sister followed us, and she kept bugging, and being annoying. We left her to play on the slack line, and we climbed a bit more. Then we had lunch, a half-cheese-half-pepperoni pizza from dominos, and two dr. peppers. I love the way when you bite into the crust it tastes all garlicy and yummy. Now, we were ready to hop back on the wall. We chalked up our hands, and clipped onto the auto-belays. I went on the difficult wall, where as, Julia went on the medium wall.

When my mom said it was time to go, both of us were sad, but we knew that the second we got home, we were going to walk over to Cranmer park, and climb trees. We like climbing. Even though our hands were stinging from the rock climbing, we really wanted to climb the trees. I love and hate getting sappy. Hate: I get sappy and it takes forever to get all off. Love: It is one of the consequences of climbing awesome trees, so it doesn't bother me even because it is dirty. It was such a fun day, and we spent it together. This will be in my mind forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment