Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Runaway King

Hello everyone, it seems that I like to choose books that are part of a series. The Runaway King is the second book in the Ascendance trilogy, by Jennifer A. Nielsen. THIS HAS SPOILERS ABOUT THE FIRST BOOK. It starts off with Jaron getting a threat from the pirates, and he has to surrender or there will be a war in his country. Everyone around him is trying to tell what to do and what is right, but he knows he has to do what he thinks is right. Jaron runs away to bring down all of the pirates, which is impossible but what choice does he have. This plot is pretty straight forward but has some really crazy plot twists. I really can't say more about the plot without giving any more away, but some characters from the previous book come back. Jaron is my favorite character because he is so independent, he listens to himself and does his best for himself and others around him. I would call this a fantasy maybe? It is based more in medieval times with kings, queens, and knights. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to read it, but I recommend reading the first book first.

TBR List:
Kindred-my book group book for next week
Neverwhere
Raven Boys
Ready Player One

3 comments:

  1. I love Ready Player One! I would love to read book one so I decided not to read the post due to the spoilers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, did you know that? I can't read it know since it's a spoiler, but until I forget it, I'll read Ready Player One. You wrote like a pro Briahn! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fabulous. I didn't read about the first book, but this sounds really cool and I want to read it.

    ReplyDelete