Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thanksgiving SOL

Every year that I go to Ohio for Thanksgiving, we all go to the Zoo lights. It is my favorite part of Thanksgiving, minus the food, amazing shopping, and seeing my family. I was bundled up in all my layers, and piling into the car before I realized that it was colder than I thought and I packed the wrong gloves. Oh well, I'll just take my aunt's. I thought. Of course we stopped at CVS to pick up chips, then we kept driving to the zoo. After getting lost and going too far, we finally made it to the bright lights of the zoo. My cousin's fionce, Eun Mi (from Korea) tells me that in Korea that they hold hands all the time wherever they go. So the whole time that we are looking at the lights, we create this giant barricade of Witkoffs. Each tree is threaded with strings of lights, each a different color. They dance and flicker to the beat of the songs, making our wall of awesomeness stop and enjoy the show for awhile. We made our way to the penguins, and watched how they swam around their pool following the light. When we left and finally got to the cars, we had to break our chain and head to our separate cars. All I could think of on the ride back was what next year was going to be like, and if it could get any better than this year.


2 comments:

  1. I like the zoo lights a lot and I really like your way of sharing your experience with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the zoo lights a lot and I really like your way of sharing your experience with us

    ReplyDelete