Monday, December 8, 2014

Kindred

Kindred is by Octavia E. Butler and is my book group book for this week. Dana is a black woman living in California, in the year 1976 (I think) and suddenly she gets transported toMaryland, 1815. She comes back repeatedly after bouncing between her world and the harsh world of Maryland to save a boy named Rufus's life countless times. While Dana is there, she has to learn how live in the antebellum South and try to survive as a slave. Dana is my favorite character because very brave when it comes to her life, and the lives of others. Many times she has to save Rufus, and it almost costs Dana her own life. She has taken beatings and near death experiences all to save herself or someone else's, and even just to try to put up with how life is there. This book does have some bad words, and it does talk about rape and the beatings that black slaves got in that time period. I have like sixteen pages left, but from what I have read it was a good book. Come talk to me about it because this is a really cool book.

TBR:
Ready Player One
Neverwhere
Raven Boys
Kindred-Book group

1 comment:

  1. I really want to read this book now. at first I didn't think it was interesting, until I read your blog. Also you should read Ready Player One. it's AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete