Monday, November 17, 2014

Airplanes

I am too little to remember where we are going, but all I know is that I get to watch a movie on the airplane. I drag my little Scooby-Doo suite case down the narrow walkway in between rows of seats, and hand it to my dad as I jump for the window seat. I have to have the window seat, always. I love to see the city lights at night as we are flying above getting closer to the ground. Right now the people and the cars, the buildings and the roads are shrinking as we are flying higher. Soon we are surrounded by clouds, and they are all I can see. Finally I can watch a movie, so I sit with my blanket and the DVD player (when there were no iPads) and watched Cinderella. It is my favorite movie. Before long I am woken up to see the city lights as we are preparing for landing. Apparently I fell asleep at some point, and I look to see that the DVD player is frozen on a scene from when Cinderella gets a new dress. We landed and the flight attendant said "welcome to Florida!"

6 comments:

  1. I like this SOL! Nice description!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little details you included, the scooby doo bag, the scene where the movie freezes, the details about watching the city lights when landing. It made the SOL so vivid and memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved airplane flights as a kid and would fight to the death for a window seat. I enjoy how your slice is the important parts of the your memory of that flight. It's also like a real memory since it does not go together seamlessly and time skips when you take a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the window seat. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this slice! I especially liked the first sentence, because it hooked me. Nice Job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this. I could really see you walking and getting on to the airplane. Funny, I love the window seat too! Great ending sentence.

    ReplyDelete