Monday, November 10, 2014

Fall Days

Every year I add new memories, ones of winter, spring, summer, and fall. Now is the time of year when things just seem to have a sort of gloom. The colors on the trees became radiant, then crumbled. My memories of when I was younger are fading, but I remember walking back up to class as a primary kid through the leaves. While recess was still going, we always made piles of leaves and then jumped in them. There used to be a tree that actually had leaves that fell to the floor, but it is long gone. The tree itself was no bigger than seven feet, but it always had leaves to play with. We picked up the crunchy brown ones, and took the soft yellow and red ones too. Put them all in a pile and jumped through them one at a time. When recess was over, My friends and I lined up against the fence and headed through the path by the patio. Surrounded by the big red trees, we kicked our way through each clump sending red, brown and gold cascading down around us. We did this every day until the first snow, then we moved onto making snowmen.

photo credit:
photo credit: <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/dexxus/2981387336/">paul bica</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/">cc</a>

5 comments:

  1. That is so descriptive! I want to keep reading... nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the description! I love how you made it so I could imagine it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely SOL! I used to splash through leaves in the gutters of streets in college with my roommate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this SOL. I love fall and the colors and the noises and you describe them really well. I can remember days like that when I was in primary and it was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds a little like what I did in primary. Your descriptions are really nice.

    ReplyDelete