Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Night Circus

This book is by Erin Morgenstern and so far really good! Im about half way through because this is a two week book. This circus (The circus of dreams) appears in different town without any notice, and same with leaving. One day it just appears and word of mouth is a very good way of advertising, and it seems to work. It is a magical place that is full of mystery, especially when things happen that shouldn't have. Such as a vertical cloud maze; when people step out or get lost, they float back down to the ground. Besides wonder and amusement, the circus is training new "prodigies" Celia Bowen and Marco Alisdair but it becomes a competition. Celia learns how to become an illusionist, while Marco learns more about becoming something like a leader almost. I don't want to spoil too much, so that is all I will say about the plot. This is definitely a fantasy book, and it is based in London I think around the 1800 or 1900's. My favorite character is Celia because I love the role she plays. She came as this little girl ready to be trained as an illusionist because she had natural talent, thanks to her dad Prospero the Enchanter. It really is kind of sad the way she came into the story but she is just such a happy character in my opinion.

TBR:
Ready Player One
House of Ivy and Sorrow
Neverwhere
Kindred

1 comment:

  1. I've heard about this book and heard you talking about it and it sounds really good! I'll add it to my TBR list

    ReplyDelete