Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fly Girl

Fly Girl
Sherri L Smith

I would say this book is historical fiction. Fly Girl talks about the war with Pearl Harbor. While Ida Mae Jones's brother goes off to fight in the war, Ida Mae feels helpless. She is still determined to do something though. Because she enjoys flying, she wants to join the WASP's. She has many challenges and fears to overcome if she wants to do this; especially because she is considered black.
I really enjoyed this book. I really like how it was told in first person so you could really understand Ida Mae's point of view. It is about a girl who wont take no for an answer and knows how to follower her heart. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes The Lions of Little Rock. I'm not sure about The Rock and the River but probably that too.

1 comment: