Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Mango Shaped Space
Wendy Mass

I would consider this book a realistic fiction, and a quick read. It has 218 pages, and I wasn't able to put the book down. A Mango Shaped Space is about a girl named Mia who is in middle school and is very unique. She has a rare brain function called synesthesia which automatically links letters and numbers to colors and patterns. Throughout the book Mia is trying to find out who she is and who she will be. This book talks about middle school problems, as well as letting go of things that were important to her. if you want to know more, READ THE BOOK; it's awesome! I also really liked how the author put it in third person so she could get more perspectives. It really adds to the story. I would recommend this book to anyone in AS because of varying reading levels.


The next book I plan on reading is Fly Girl by Sherri L. Smith

 

3 comments:

  1. I really think that A Mango Shaped Space would be a, interesting book to read, but i have trouble with realistic fiction. Would you still recommend it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally. I have the same thing. realistic fiction just isn't as interesting as something made up and non realistic!!

      Delete
  2. I have the same problem as kendal with realistic fiction. i cannot seem to read it, but maybe i will try this book because i have heard many people have loved it.

    ReplyDelete