Thursday, February 5, 2015

SOL

We turn the last corner in my mom's green Rav 4 and arrive at Sweet Action. "Hailey, what are you going to get?" "I don't know, maybe the Vegan Mocha?" That sounded a little weird, but I wasn't judging. The mountain of Vegan Mocha was passed to Hailey over the counter, and I begged for a taste. Bits of cake were layered into the ice cream, and it was surprisingly delicious. Though it was good, I quickly ordered my classic mint chocolate chip in a cake cone. Both of our eyes flew over to the bar stools at the window, and we rushed over.

We would then take turns making stories about random people we saw walking down the street. "Ok that girl wearing the Bronco sweater." Hailey blurts out through licks of ice cream. "She is going to the urgent care because she dislocated her foot. She was so mad that the Broncos didn't win, that she went around driving into light posts down her neighborhood. She came so close to hitting a post, she stepped on the brake as hard as she could which dislocated her foot." Laughter escaped our mouths, some in the ice cream. "Ok, ok my turn." I say still smiling. "Ok, that man over there handing out the flyers is actually Morgan Freeman's younger brother. He was also an actor, but his brother got the spotlight, so he had to go hand out flyers to strangers and practice his acting by pretending he cared." People walked by and giggles were released into the shop, out into the street, and down the block in the car. 

I grin at my computer screen as I am typing this. This took place a couple of years ago, Tari's class maybe? All I know is that the only interesting thing happening right now would be that I am listening to J-lo, so I try to savor this memory. Hey for all you logan people who are working on expo stuff try thinking of a happy memory while work. It makes things funner. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! I know how you like your mint ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really fun... nice sol. I love your ending :)

    ReplyDelete