Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Paper Towns

By John Green

I heard this book was going to be made into a movie, and Hailey handed it to me and said to read it so I did. Margo Roth Spiegelman is known for being awesome. Sneaks into amusement parks, plans the best pranks, and knows how to plan a mystery. Quentin Jacobsen has been in love with her forever, but he isn't in the same "popularity" rank. One night Margo shows up outside Quentin's house and brings him on an adventure of getting revenge on enemies, and having fun. The next day when he goes to school, Margo has vanished but has left clues to her whereabouts. Quentin knows it is up to him to find the missing Margo Roth Spiegelman, but the problem is he doesn't know who he is looking for.
This book had some pretty big plot twists, and I am still deciding if they are good or bad. At first it was kind of like a mystery, but the ending was pretty different. This book does talk about sex and has some mature language, but it is a pretty great book. I personally really love mysteries, but I don't know if it would be classified as one. Mystery and realistic fiction? It also says a bit about bullying but it isn't a major theme. John Green is an amazing author, and I would recommend this book to anyone who likes John Green and/or mysteries.

TBR List:
Ready Player One
House of Ivy and Sorrow
If I Stay
Neverwhere
Looking for Alaska
The Death Cure

4 comments:

  1. That sounds pretty interesting. It sounds different from most realistic fiction books. I will see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your review was very persuasive, perhaps I'll read more of John Green's stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a great book, i wil try and read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to read this book. sounds really good

    ReplyDelete