Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Maze Runner

This book is by James Dashner, and is the first in a series. It starts out with Thomas arriving in a place called the Glade that is surrounded by a maze; no one knows who put them there or why, but for the past two years they have been trying to find a way out. Ever since Thomas arrived things have changed. The next day a girl shows up, the first girl ever to appear. This isn't the only thing that has changed, and no one can figure out what it means, or who Thomas is.
This was an amazing book and I recommend it to everyone. I must say it is kind of boring at the beginning and it doesn't get too interesting for a while, but I think it is worth it. It was well written, and had a great plot line. There were a few plot twists, but they only made it better. I know there is a movie coming out about this book, so that is why I read it. I will not read a book after I see the movie no matter what, so I decided to give this book a try before it was too late. I recommend this book to anyone who likes slightly dystopian/Sci-fi books. It isn't as dystopian as The Hunger Games or Divergent, but its pretty good.

TBR List:
The Adoration of Jenna
Grandmaster
Everybody Sees the Ants
Boys of Blur
My Mother the Cheerleader
Cuba 15

Photo credit: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/db/The_Maze_Runner_cover.png

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like an awesome book! I don't know if I would like it as much as some though, I like adventure books, with a lot of action. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a very good book. I actually started reading it, but stopped because it was too boring. Thanks for telling me that it is well worth the beginning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been procrastinating on reading this book, but it seems like the general consensus is that it's really good. For how long is the book "boring?" just out of curiosity?

    ReplyDelete