Monday, February 10, 2014

Sunday School-Slice of Life

I was NOT excited that I had to leave yet another, sleepover early, because of stupid Sunday school. I said bye to my sleeping friends, and hopped in the car. I asked my dad why I had to go to Sunday school. I've learned the same things over, and over again. I'm glad I'm prepared for my Bat Mitzvah, but I have been since I was eight.

When we arrived at Temple Emanuel, where my Sunday School is held, I jumped out of the car and groaned. The only good thing about Sunday school is my friends. One of my friends name is Lindsay. During our boring class we pass notes. The notes can be about anything. Food, Sunday school, home life, or anything else. This is just one way to survive.

I always leave my hair down, and braid it during class. Sometimes, we do fun crafts, but usually it is learning hebrew, or preparing in other ways for my Bat Mitzvah. Finally, our two and a half hour misery is over and I get back in the car. I ask my dad if we can go out to Einsteins for breakfast, but he says he has work to do. Dang.

I go back home, and pop an eggo in the toaster. Another Sunday, dead. As I ate my waffle, I watched The mask with my sister. She doesn't hate Sunday school as much as I do, but she doesn't like it. We sit there, watching tv, and get bored. We ask our mom if we can go rock climbing. She says sure, and pile into the car. I guess Sunday wasn't that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment