Sunday, February 23, 2014

Allegiant

This is the third book in the Divergent series, and I have finally read it. Most if not all of you have already read this book and the series, and I agree the ending could have been better. In Allegiant, Tris and her friends are trying to figure out what is happening to their city, and the place beyond the gates. Now that the factions are gone, Evelyn Johnson rules the city with the faction-less by her side and is more or less a dictator. As Tris learns about what is beyond the gates, she realizes what she needs to do to forgive her brother, and save her city. Like the rest of the books, this was a quick read because I could not put it down. This could be a two week book with around 520 pages, but I loved all of it. I really liked how the chapters would switch off between Tobias and Tris, that way you could see the same situation in two different ways. Even though this book didn't have my ideal ending, it was written so well I loved it anyway. I actually really liked why Veronica Roth chose the last plot twist at the end to be that way, and I think it made the book better. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes the other Divergent books or anyone who likes the Hunger Games because to me they are really similar. I would also recommend this book to anyone in AS who likes to read books similar this one.

1 comment:

  1. I cried at the end of this book. I get way too attached to the characters. It's not good. I missed the book and I wanted everything to be good, so I'm reading Divergent again right now even though I should probably be doing homework...

    ReplyDelete