Friday, December 13, 2013

Slice of Life

"Dad can I open this gift from Grandma now?" "No, I am saving that one to be opened after you open a different one." He said as he hinted towards the largest gift. "I think I'll open the biggest one." I said. My dad didn't say anything, he just smiled. As I tore off the thin blue and silver wrapping paper and opened the box, there was a smaller box inside. Confused, I opened that box to find a smaller one. Now very confused, I opened box after box after box, each one about 2 to 6 inches smaller than the previous one. As I opened that next box that was about 4 by 6 inches long I discovered a small but heavy rectangle in blue and silver wrapping paper. Once the I ripped off the paper, I felt the excitement surge within me.

4 comments:

  1. It's a great slice about anticipation but I agree with Abby. Let the reader in on the surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, such a lead up to that final part, Briahn, I want to know too! It sounds like a fun way to give a gift, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice build up. A nice parallel between the writing and the action being described in the writing.

    ReplyDelete