Sunday, December 15, 2013

One For The Murphys

This book is by Lynda Mullaly Hunt. I choose this book originally looking for a book that would take me the week to read, but ended up finishing it in two hours. I was glued to this book, even though it was sad. This book is about a 12 year old girl named Carley, who is sent to live with the Murphy family as a foster child for a little while. Carley didn't have a great life, but she didn't realize it until she saw a real, happy family. She goes through a lot trying to discover who she is, and that isn't very easy when you are someone in her situation. I love the plot twist at the end, but it was a sad ending for me. I would recommend this book to anyone in our class, or in AS.

3 comments:

  1. oops, I forgot to post the book list!!! I am planning on reading Divergent over winter break, but I am pretty busy. Other books I really want to read would be The Client, Ender's Game, and Skelig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read a sad book in a while and I'm convinced by your description that this book is good. I'll read it sometime!

    ReplyDelete