Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Holes

Holes is about a boy, Stanley Yelnats, who gets sent off to Camp Green Lake as punishment. He was accused of stealing shoes, but that was not the case. There, they all have to dig a hole five feet wide and five feet deep every day but Stanley knows something else is involved. While he is there he learns more about his family's strange past, as well as Camp Green Lake's strange past.

I really liked this book, and I recommend that you read it before seeing the movie. I would recommend reading it anyway because it is a great book.  I have not seen the movie, but I assume it is also good. It is realistic friction, and a quick read that I couldn't put down. If you have read other books by Louis Sachar, you should read this one. I would also recommend this book to anyone in AS, IS, or anyone in our class.

1 comment:

  1. I read this book a while ago, and I agree that it is a really addictive and good book.

    ReplyDelete