Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Flowers for Algernon
By Daniel Keyes

This book is about a mentally disabled man named Charlie Gordon. He has an exceptionally low IQ for a man his age. Because Charlie wanted to become smarter, he agreed to participate in a surgery that could raise his IQ. As Charlie goes through his academic incline, he learns about who he was, who he is, and who he will be. I would recommend this book to anyone to AS. There is a little comedy, situations with ones social status, and there is self discovery. As I reading this book, Max told us to looks for symbolism. There was this one object that kept occurring throughout the book. In our book group discussions, I really enjoyed hearing about different opinions on what the symbolism represented. For anyone who wants to read this book, I would highly recommend looking for the reoccurring object and think about what it means. For me, this really added to the book. Over all, I really enjoyed this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment